Tag your breakfast buddy because I have the perfect treat for you to share with them this weekend!
Whether you are in the same household and can make them together or apart and schedule a zoom call, these easy banana muffins will have you coming back for more.
They are simple to make and come out much lighter than your standard banana loaf. The browner the bananas the better but if you can’t wait, whizz them up in a blender and they will work just as well!
Enjoy them drizzled with honey and a pot of tea while you put the world to rights with your friends and family.
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
▪️250g self raising flour
▪️1 tsp baking powder
▪️1/2 tsp bicarb
▪️1/2 tsp cinnamon
▪️1/4 tsp nutmeg
▪️115g golden caster sugar
▪️2 large banana, ripe
👩🍳 Method 👨🍳
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Melt the butter over a low heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Mash your bananas in a bowl until almost smooth.
- Add the eggs, milk and butter to the banana and whisk well.
- In another bowl, add all of the dry ingredients (including the sugar) and mix together.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and fold through. You don’t want to over mix, a few lumps in the batter is fine.
- Add the batter to your cases and fill around 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Top the muffins with a drizzle of honey and enjoy!
Optional Extra: Add 70g of Chocolate Chips to your batter before baking for Banana and Chocolate Chip Muffins.