Terry’s Chocolate Orange Brownies
These are my usual brownies with a Terry’s Chocolate Orange twist! They are packed with chocolate and so delicious.
I love Terry’s Chocolate Orange and I was recently given a box of Segsations which include five different flavours. . . perfect for brownies! The flavours are milk chocolate, dark chocolate, exploding candy, toffee crunch and milk crunchy! Those enjoying them can either pick their favourite flavour or choose at random for a surprise!
I prefer to add my main chocolate to the top after the brownies have baked. This means that you won’t burn the chocolate and they keep their shape really well but still melt into the brownies.
On a cold day these are best enjoyed warm with either a scoop of ice cream or a dash of cream. I would recommend cutting these relatively small, I use a 9 inch square tray and always get at least 16 brownies.
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
▪️200g dark chocolate
▪️275g golden caster sugar
▪️3 large eggs
▪️85g plain flour
▪️50g cocoa powder
▪️150g dark chocolate chips
▪️zest of one orange
▪️Terry’s Chocolate Orange or Terry’s Segsations
👩🍳 Method 👨🍳
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Prepare your 9x9inch tray, if it does not have a non stick coating, remember to line with greaseproof paper.
- Melt together the chocolate and the butter over a medium heat. Once melted, stir through the sugar until there are no lumps.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, make sure they are combined fully before you move onto the next one.
- Next, using a fine grater, add the zest of the orange to the mix and stir in.
- Next, fold in the flour and the cocoa powder, making sure it is a smooth and shiny consistency with no lumps of flour.
- Stir through the chocolate chips.
- Add to your prepared baking tray and bake for 30 minutes. You want the edges to be firm but the middle to be slightly fudgey. Half way through the baking time, take the brownies out of the oven and tap the base of the tray on the side to release any air bubbles. Place back in the oven for the remaining time.
- Once removed from the oven, press the chocolate orange pieces into the warm brownie and leave to melt in.
- Once cool slice and serve.