Similar to a brownie, blondies have the same texture but substitute cocoa powder for vanilla and usually use a brown sugar. I like to use a golden caster sugar as I find it gives the best results.
You can jazz up your blondies in so many ways even though I stuck with simple chocolate chips today. Why not add some nuts, dried fruit or your favourite sweet?
Just like the brownies, it is important to cool these in the tin for as long as you can. They will continue to firm up and slice much better if you do.
If you give these a go tag #rhiabakes as I would love to see your creations!
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
▪️ 115g melted butter
▪️200g golden caster sugar
▪️170g plain flour
▪️1/2 tsp baking powder
▪️1 tsp vanilla
▪️1/4 tsp salt
▪️90g chocolate chips
👩🍳 Method 👨🍳
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line an 8×8 inch baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Add the butter, caster sugar, egg and vanilla to a bowl and whisk for 1 minute, until well combined.
- Next add in the flour, baking powder and salt. Fold through with a spatula until almost combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips. Add the batter to your prepared tray.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes. The edges should just be pulling away from the sides of the tin.
- Cool the Blondies completely in the pan. Once cool slice, serve and enjoy!