Already thinking about breakfast tomorrow?
Don’t worry I have the perfect combination for a super Sunday morning treat. Enjoy a stack of chocolate chip pancakes and a delicious Dalgona Coffee with your family this weekend.
You have probably seen the Dalgona Coffee all over the internet and it is something that I have wanted to try for a while now. It did not disappoint!
For those that don’t know, it is the most delicious velvety iced coffee ever. To make it you will need to use instant coffee, it will not work with any other type. The recipe below is enough for two large coffees or 4 small coffees.
Both the pancakes and coffee are very simple to make and they require only basic ingredients. I made these using oat milk but you can use any type of milk, dairy or plant based. To make the pancakes completely vegan, remember to check that your chocolate chips are vegan to!
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
For the pancakes:
▪️1 1/2 cups of plain flour
▪️1 tbsp baking powder
▪️3 tbsp sugar
▪️1 1/2 cups of oat milk
▪️1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
▪️1/2 tsp salt
▪️1 tsp vanilla extract
▪️1/2 cup chocolate chips
For the Dalgona coffee:
▪️2 1/2 tbsp instant coffee
▪️2 1/2 tbsp granulated sugar
▪️2 1/2 tbsp boiling water
▪️pinch of cinnamon (optional)
▪️milk of choice
👩🍳 Method 👨🍳
- Preheat your oven to 100°C.
- To make the pancakes begin by adding all of the dry ingredients to a bowl and whisking together.
- Add in the wet ingredients and whisk together until the batter is almost smooth.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Heat a non stick saucepan over a medium heat. Once hot add your pancake batter, you can make them as big or small as you like. For mine I used two large tablespoons for each pancake.
- Cook the pancakes for around 2 minutes on each side. Once cooked add to the oven wrapped in foil and keep warm while the rest cook.
- To make the Dalgona coffee add the coffee, sugar and boiling water to a bowl.
- Whisk until pale and fluffy. It is much easier with an electric whisk only taking 2-3 minutes but if you have 15-20 minutes to spare you can get the same result buy hand.
- Fill your chosen glass with ice and milk, two thirds of the way up.
- Add spoonfuls of the whipped coffee to the top.
- Serve the pancakes with maple syrup and a selection of fruit.
- Enjoy with your iced coffee.