These White Chocolate and Blueberry Cupcakes are a must bake for blueberry lovers! The tangy blueberries are mixed with a light vanilla cupcake and white chocolate chips. They are topped with a white chocolate buttercream and a few fresh blueberries. One word to describe them ….. Delicious!
Do you have a favourite berry? I think blueberries are definitely my favourite to bake with. If you aren’t a fan of blueberries they can be easily substituted for any berry you prefer. Give them a go this weekend, you will love them!
Makes 12 cupcakes
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
For the cupcakes:
▪️175g Caster sugar
▪️1 tsp vanilla extract
▪️85g white chocolate chips
For the icing:
▪️350g icing sugar
▪️1 tbsp milk
▪️1/2 tsp vanilla extract
▪️75g white chocolate (melted)
👩🍳 Recipe 👩🍳
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan assisted).
- In a bowl combine the butter and sugar and whisk until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, making sure they are fully incorporated before adding the next one.
- Add in the vanilla extract. Then fold in the flour and mix until combined. Fold through the white chocolate and blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the cupcake cases, I use an ice cream scoop for this.
- Bake in the oven on the centre shelf for 15-18 minutes. They should spring back when touched.
- To make the buttercream beat the butter until very soft. Add in the icing sugar in stages. If you do it all at once it will go everywhere! Next add in the melted white chocolate and beat in. Add in the milk and vanilla extract and mix again.
- Pipe the buttercream onto the cupcakes and decorate with a few fresh blueberries.