A really easy way to make the house feel a bit more festive is to have some homemade Christmas biscuits ready for when you have unexpected visitors. I love having these available as they are so easy to make and they store well.
If you are short on time, make a bigger batch and freeze them ready cut biscuits. That way they are always ready to go and only require you to pull them from the freezer and bake straight away. Just be mindful that if frozen they will need a few more minutes to cook through.
Dipping these in chocolate is completely optional but i think it finishes them off perfectly. Chocolate and orange is always a good combination and the added cranberries give a wonderfully festive touch.
These make a perfect gift for Christmas too so why not bake them for a loved one.
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
▪️150g plain flour
▪️Zest of 1 orange
▪️70g dried cranberries
👩🍳 Method 👩🍳
- Preheat the oven to 170°C and line a baking sheet with greaseproof.
- In a bowl mix together the butter and sugar until a creamy texture. If you have little ones helping you, use your hands! The biscuits will still come out great but they will have fun!
- Add in the flour and mix through into an almost crumble like texture. Add in the grated orange zest and dried cranberries and combine.
- Using your hands bring the dough together into a ball.
- Rest this in the fridge for 10 minutes, this helps if you have hot hands and have made the dough slightly warm.
- Roll out the dough to around 0.5-0.75cm thick. Then put back in the fridge to chill for another 10 minutes before cutting the shapes out.
- Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. If you do particularly large shapes, you will need to add a few minutes to the cooking time.
- Allow them to cool if you can and then enjoy!