This recipe makes around 24 cupcakes, which seems like a lot but they don’t last long here! The cupcakes freeze really well, just take them out of the freezer two hours before you need them and they will defrost perfectly. I iced these with a plain vanilla buttercream today as I topped with the chocolate dipped strawberry!
The chocolate dipped strawberries are so easy to make. Start by melting some chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat, (stir it constantly). Dip the strawberries in the melted chocolate and leave to cool on a greaseproof lined tray. Do not put these in the fridge, if you do the strawberries will begin to get very juicy and start leaking. Keep at room temperature and ideally only make the amount you need!
🛒 Ingredients 🛒
▪️425g Plain flour
▪️170g unsalted butter, room temperature
▪️250g caster sugar
▪️3 large eggs room temperature
▪️red food coloring, depends on brand I use a Wilton Gel one
▪️3 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
▪️1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
▪️1 1/2 tsp salt
▪️1 1/2 tsp white vinegar
▪️1 1/2 tsp baking powder
👩🍳 Method 👨🍳
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Line your cupcake tin with cases if using, I use a normal baking sheet with cupcake cases.
- In a bowl cream together the butter and sugar until pale and creamy, I usually leave the mixer on for around 3-4 minutes. Add in the eggs one at a time, fully incorporating after each addition.
- Next, in one bowl add the flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. In a jug add the buttermilk, food colouring, vinegar and vanilla extract.
- In stages add in the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture, alternating between the two.
- Add the batter to your cases, I usually use an ice cream scoop so they are even but if you don’t have one aim for 2/3 full.
- Bake in the oven for 16-18 minutes. Once they spring back, remove from the oven. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Decorate as you like and enjoy!
One Comment Add yours